They say birds of a feather flock together, but in the case of my friends and I, I will have to beg to differ. We are all very different in appearance and personality, but all of our qualities are redeeming in their own individual ways. The only thing we have in common is our popularity!
With that being said, some of my friends are really making their rounds in the social scene. I am able to tell which of them are being checked out the most on my website (yay, technology!), and I have to say: I’m quite proud! I want you to love my friends as much as I do, so I decided that today I’m going to introduce you to some of my most popular friends.
These are the flowers getting the most attention on my website right now…
Rozanne’s Popular Friends
Otherwise known as the Bell Flower, my friend Campanula is full of reasons to love her! First off, if you’re not highly attracted to her alluring purple-blue hue, then her shape is sure to draw you in. She was nicknamed the Bell Flower because of her bell-like shape, and Campanula is actually Latin for little bell. Some of the other reasons Campanula is one of my favourites?
- She’s low-maintenance: drought-resistant!
- She blooms for a very long time, so you can enjoy her beauty even longer
- She’s a fabulous winter gal, hardy as they come
Revered for her unrelenting flower power in late summer and early fall, this fun flower provides brightness to borders. If you want a lovely fall garden, there’s a good chance you’ve looked at Igloo Mums—because this friend of mine is a fall must-have. Other reasons Igloo Mums are a fan favourite:
- She’s an easy autumn perennial
- She has a long blooming period and shows so many gorgeous fall colours
- No need to pinch her flowers for new growth!
It’s tough to walk by this showy lady and not do a double-take. Her striking, blue flower is a sight to behold, and the center bears a beautiful white contrast for increased interest. Let this lady make your borders come to life during July and August, or give her a place in your dining table vase—she thrives in both settings. What else to love:
- She grows very easily as long as she’s in a sunny spot and free-draining soil
- This gal is as winter hardy as they come
- All-around low-maintenance; just feed her regularly with all-purpose flower food
Plenty of people are probably familiar with the Hibiscus family—these tropical beauties are showy enough to make anyone crave a pina colada. Of course, that’s not the only reason people love them. Hibiscus, mainly in bright pink and red hues, are stunning complements to any outdoor garden. Why you’ll love her too:
- Deer-resistant but attracts hummingbirds—yay!
- She loves the heat and flowers in midsummer
- She blooms for a very long time as long as you keep her soil moist and well-drained!
These are just a few of my favourite friends. Are you acquainted with all of them yet? Don’t forget to join my Inner Circle if you want to meet more of my friends!